CoaguChek® XS Pro
PT/INR Monitoring tailored to hospital point of care testing
- Barcode reader for faster ID entry
- Time critical INR results - faster than sending them to the lab
- Electronic data capture and transmission aid compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards such as JCI and CLIA '88.
Healthcare professionals can measure PT/INR values in approximately 1 minute with a drop of capillary blood (8 µL).
In order to ensure compliance and improve workflows, the system allows patient and operator ID identification with its integrated barcode scanner. Connecting the instrument to the institution’s data management system finally assures safe and efficient patient management
On-the-spot results, no venous sampling
Easy portability; side and top blood dosing options with a capillary sample
Onboard quality control (QC) for each strip; optional QC lockout to meet potential regulatory requirements; consistent INR results
Greater Workflow Efficiency
Positive patient and/or operator identification, extensive data management and connectivity options.
To learn more about the CoaguChek XS Pro system for your institution select your country from the map on the right.
Coagulation monitoring for
Coagulation monitoring for
The CoaguChek® XS Pro instrument kit contains:
- 1 CoaguChek XS Pro instrument
- 1 Handheld power supply unit
- 1 printed manual in English
- 1 CD-ROM with other languages: German, French, Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Dutch
- Handheld base unit kit: docking station (to reload the battery pack and transfer data to a computer)
- Handheld battery pack: option instead of standard batteries or power supply (to gain flexibility)
Additional required components are CoaguChek XS PT Test strips (in a vial)
- Box with 2 vials of 24 strips with a code chip
- Box with 1 vial of 24 strips with a code chip
- 4 diluent-filled droppers
- 1 code chip
- Package insert
To receive more information about the CoaguChek XS Pro, select your local affiliate from the map on the right.
- Measuring & Sampling
Amperometric (electrochemical) determination of the PT/INR after activation of the coagulation with human recombinant thromboplastin
Full graphical (TFT)
Support and safety functions
QC lockout, Patient & User ID, protection with administrator ID. Barcode Scanner
Outside the meter, with top- and 2 sides (left or right)-dosing options
- Operating Conditions
+15° C to +32 °C (59 °F to 90 °F)
Operating humidity and altitude
10 - 85% - 4300 m
- First option: Operate the monitor on a leveled surface, free of vibrations
- Second option: hold the monitor in your hand, so that it is roughly horizontal
INR: 0.8 - 8.0; %Q: 120 - 5; SEC: 9.6 - 96
- 2000 patient and 500 QC results with date and time. 60 code chip records.
- Operator list with up to 5000 Operator IDs with corresponding 2nd ID.
- Patient list with up to 4000 Patient IDs with corresponding 2nd and 3rdpatient IDs.
- Power supply adaptor: input: 100-240 V / 50-60Hz / 400 mA; output: 7.5 V DC/ 1.7 A
- 4 x 1.5 V AA batteries (alkali-manganese)
- Rechargeable battery pack (optional)
Number of tests per set of batteries
Approx. 80 tests (approx. 60 tests per charging cycle if the rechargeable battery pack is used).
231 x 97 x 43 mm
350 g (without batteries)
- Sample Material
Fresh capillary whole blood or non-anticoagulated venous whole blood
≥ 8 µl
Refer to the test strip package insert
- Test Strips
Sensitivity to heparin
Not at therapeutic levels, up to 0.8 I.U/ml for UFH and to 2 anti-Xa.U/ml for LMWH
On each strip, through the same channel as the blood passes
21 months from production (+ 2° C to + 30° C)