Products: CoaguChek XS Plus system / Handling
See it in action!
As fast and easy as it looks
Before using the monitor for the first time, carry out the following steps:
- Insert the batteries
- Set the current date and time
- Enter the settings of choice (language, unit of measure etc.)
- Insert the code chip: The code chip provides the monitor with important information about the test method, the lot number and the expiry date. The code chip is required when a new test strip container is opened, to store the lot information about the test strips in the monitor. Your CoaguChek XS Plus monitor stores the data from up to 60 code chips that were inserted
- Set the current date and time, the language and other various options, e.g ID entry, blocking functions or computer interface
- Select the coagulation unit in which the results are to be displayed
Put a test strip in the CoaguChek XS Plus system
When you insert a test strip from a new lot for the first time, the display shows the number of the code chip that is required, if you have not inserted it already.
Prick the finger of your patient with a lancet device approved for professional use (e.g. the Accu-Chek Softclix Pro or Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro device)
The blood drop symbol and the application area flash to indicate that the monitor is ready to test. At the same time a 180-second countdown begins. Within this time you must have applied the drop of blood.
...place a drop of blood on the strip
Apply the blood directly from the finger to the semicircular, transparent sample application area of the test strip. Apply the blood drop to the test strip within 15 seconds of pricking the fingertip.
Alternatively, you can touch the blood drop against the side of the sample application area (instead of applying it to the centre from above).
After about one minute, read the result on the CoaguChek XS Plus display
Result can be displayed in the following units: